The Technical Developer is responsible for developing and maintaining effective relationships with Sunrise Greetings and/or Hallmark Customer Marketing IT partners (i.e. Business Analysis and Maintenance teams). The Technical Developer is responsible for delivering effective project solutions to the business, and maintains a strong working relationship with other IT areas to ensure that projects are meetings their intended purpose and business need within the budgets and timeframes specified, during implementation and post-implementation phases.
SCOPE OF POSITION:
The Technical Developer plans, executes, and monitors project activities to ensure a complete business solution is implemented utilizing all BRAVO (legacy) applications. The Technical Developer interacts with other It analysts and developers (within Development and Maintenance teams) and business partners; this role ensures that projects meet established time, cost, and technical objectives by effectively implementing change control procedures and following risk identification and contingency plans with problem resolution as required. Develops and maintains an overall business flow within BRAVO (legacy). Creates and maintains all BRAVO documentation.
The company expects that the Oracle Technical Developer will act at all times to assure the highest level of personal performance possible. The objective of this position is to develop and maintain effective relationships with the company and/or the company's IT partners (i.e. Business Analysis and Maintenance teams). The Technical Developer is responsible for delivering effective project solutions to the business, and maintains a strong working relationship with other IT areas to ensure that projects are meetings their intended purpose and business need within the budgets and timeframes specified, during implementation and post-implementation phases. The employee is expected to work enthusiastically to meet or exceed all performance and quality goals set by the company. The Oracle Technical Developer will actively support the policies and plans of the company and will contribute his or her utmost to help the company achieve its goals in regard to quality, productivity and efficiency while observing all safety guidelines set forth by the company.
· Familiarity with Oracle software life cycle methodology
· Oracle Forms 11i
· Oracle Reports 11i
· PL/SQL language, procedures, packages
· SQL query tuning expertise
· Visual Basic
· Oracle applications technical architecture; Oracle applications table structure/indices (Order Management, Shipping, Inventory, WMS, PO, Financials); knowledge of Oracle applications concurrent program registration, triggers/alerts, value-sets, key flexfields, profile values, resolving TAR files, and security features.
MAJOR DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
I. Identify technical requirements, create detailed system design, and complete appropriate code, testing, and documentation activities 60%
1. Understand documented business requirements
2. Create detailed technical requirements from business requirements
3. Create detailed design documentation from detailed technical requirements, and validate initial and revised project estimates.
4. Complete coding and unit testing for new development and enhancements.
5. Coordinate and complete system, regression, volume, and user acceptance testing as appropriate with Business Analysis team and
6. Create associated procedures and documentation using established standards for methodology and documentation.
7. Provide regular status and updates to assigned tasks on new development and enhancements project plans.
8. Work with appropriate IT team members to support development instance locations for development activity, and associated version
9. Ensure appropriate change controls are followed for new development, enhancements and maintenance incidents.
10. Support user documentation and training requirements.
11. Maintain business user contact through implementation to support user acceptance testing activities.
II. Maintain effective working relationships within IT and the business organization 35%
1. Build and maintain IT’s relationship with IT partners, and with business partners as requested. Typically the IT partners are Application
Development Project Managers / DBA / Technical Developers, Business Analysts and Maintenance Project Managers / DBA / Technical
Developers, and operational staff.
2. Ensure that IT delivers a high level of satisfaction for business partners’ key objectives and needs.
3. Build and leverage relationships with IT Maintenance team supporting the business organization’s applications.
4. Support internal and external auditors for compliance with standards
III. Other Duties as Assigned 5%
1. Delivery of new development, enhancements, and maintenance resolutions.
2. Testing thoroughness based upon implementation quality.
3. Timely completion of assigned responsibilities.
4. Accuracy level of final project costs as compared to original estimates.
5. Effectiveness of communication and cooperation between business and IT teams.
If you have any additional questions please feel free to e-mail or call.